So, I saw this really cool survey that Fiction No Chaser did as the end of last month and I thought it would be a fun post to do and this is the first time I’ve actually gotten around to finally doing it!
The survey was originally created by Perpetual Page Turner
**2018 Reading Stats**
Number Of Books You Read: 56
Number of Re-Reads: 5
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
1. Best Book You Read In 2018?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Daughter of the Siren Queen because I loved the first one so much.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I always want people to read Leigh Bardugo and I successfully got two of my Uni flatmates to read the Grishaverse! They are both caught up and ready for King of Scars.
5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018?
6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2018?
Jennifer L. Armentrout. The fact that I am binge reading my way through her Lux series right now tells you all you need to know.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
That’s tough because I don’t go out of my genre that much. Probably Clean.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I purged Hero at the Fall. I was not putting that one down.
9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I want to re-read The Darkest Star already and it’s only been a couple of months.
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2018?
That’s a toughie. Even though I didn’t like the book Damsel had a nice cover.
11. Most memorable character of 2018?
Bruce Wayne from Batman: Nightwalker because I’ve never known that character to have a personality before.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?
A Curse So Dark and Lonely
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018?
I don’t read books that deep.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read?
I don’t think I have one. I had many in 2017 but most of the books I read last year were new releases and those that weren’t didn’t leave much of an impression.
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018?
“There is steel in your backbone” – Nightblood – I love that line so much
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
A Curse So Dark and Lonely. The ending! OMG! And it’s the first Beauty and the Beast retelling I’ve actually liked.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Ugh Arcus and Ruby from Nightblood. My babies. Shout out to Cassian and Nesta from A Court of Frost and Starlight.
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I will forever love Alina and Nikolai’s friendship in Ruin and Rising.
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Not if I Save You First by Ally Carter. I hadn’t read anything from her in so long and it felt so good!
21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:
Not many people recommend me books, not sure why.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018?
Luc from The Darkest Star.
23. Best 2018 debut you read?
The Hazel Wood – Melissa Albert
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
A Curse So Dark and Lonely – again, and Breachers
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Re-reading Shadow and Bone and the rest of the trilogy. I love going back to Ravka.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?
I’ve never really cried when reading. Hero at the Fall made me sad at the end if that counts.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Breachers or The Darkest Star
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
I don’t think I had one last year. Nothing will break me like Heartless did. I’m still recovering from that one and I read it in September 2017
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)
Damsel. Oh that book made me so mad I’m still seething.
1. New favourite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2018?
I honestly don’t know. 2018 felt like it lasted years at some points so I can’t remember who I discovered in 2018 and who I discovered before that.
2. Favourite post you wrote in 2018?
3. Favourite bookish related photo you took in 2018:?
I never like any of my book related pics after I’ve looked at others so you’ll have to be the judge of that if you follow my bookstagram.
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
YALC 2018. I actually had the balls to talk to people this year!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?
Reaching 200 followers – even though it was the very end of 2018
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I started Uni in September and its really killing my reading which is affecting my blogging which sucks.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Let’s Talk About: A Court of Frost and Starlight
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any of them to be honest. I don’t think my Travel post got as much love as I thought they would.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Etsy. Tis both a blessing and a curse.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Not really! I haven’t looked at them yet actually so I should probably get on that.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?
Renegades! 2019 will be the year I finally read it!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?
King of Scars.
3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Beholder – Anna Bright
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?
Reach my next hundred maybe a bit quicker than last time.
6. A 2019 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
A Curse So Dark and Lonely.