WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice
3 Things About Me
- I’m really bad at talking about myself. Doesn’t matter where or when it is, I suck at it. I stared at this post for a good 45-50 minutes – no joke, before actually starting the 3 Things About Me section because I have no idea what to say. I guess I just find myself very boring.
- I love painting my nails. I have four little draws full of nail polish. I also used to bite my nails a lot when I was younger but I stopped ages ago so they get naturally nice and long which makes it easy to put designs on them when I want to. I find it very calming and it helps me relax – even though I usually paint them late at night so I have to wait to go to bed until I think they have sufficiently dried.
- I do not see myself ever getting married and I definitely do not want kids – I find it so difficult to tolerate kids, but I know exactly what pets and breeds I will have and their names.
1. What Are The Last 3 Books You Gave a Full 5-Star Rating?
I’m really harsh on giving out 5 star ratings for some reason. Unless I absolutely 100% love everything, it ain’t getting the ⭐s. Having said that, I did give two 5 stars last month and they were Nightblood and Breachers. We then go all the way back to February where we find To Kill A Kingdom.
2. How Do You Organise Your Shelf?
Well, currently I don’t. I have one small bookshelf with 5 shelves on it that is just piled with books and funkos. I want to get a big wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling bookshelf but my mum kept saying to wait until I go to Uni because at least I won’t be in the way when it gets done (it’s also expensive). I am thinking authors though. I think attempting a rainbow would kill me off so definitely authors.
3. How Do You Get Out of Your Reading Slump?
That depends on why I’m in one. Sometimes, like at the moment, I burn out a little because I read so much one after the other. When that happens I just take a little break and it’s usually pretty easy to get back into the swing of things. I try not to push it when this happens because if I do that will really get me in a slump, but when I do burn out I just pick up the thing that takes my eye and run with it. When I’m really down in a slump I tend to go to a reread. I reread the Grisha Trilogy earlier in the year when a was struggling and it got me right back into it. I know I love so it isn’t difficult to read.
4. Which Book/s Gave You a Life Changing Experience?
I don’t really think I’ve read anything life changing, for me that’s very specific. I definitely think reading Matt Haig’s Reasons To Stay Alive helped me quite a bit personally. If I’m going for something that definitely changed something in my life it would be Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo because it is what got me back into reading after a good 3-4 year gap. Had I not read that I may not have gotten back into reading to the extent I did. And if that hadn’t happened I probably wouldn’t have created my Goodreads account or in fact this blog.
5. What Are Your Biggest Bookish Pet Peeves?
Oof don’t get me started. Love triangles. Insta-love. Girl on girl hate. Abuse as an excuse. Under-qualified or just plain stupid protagonists. The annoying younger sibling or young character that thinks they know better or can do everything. Young characters in general (anyone under 15 – get rid of them). There are a few things that irritate me.
- If you could unread a book because it was so bad, for whatever reason, which book would you chose?
- You are having a dinner with 10 people. Five are authors. Five are book characters. (dead or alive) Who are you dining with?
- What book/s would you love to read, but don’t think you ever will?
- If you had a familiar, which animal would you want to bond with and why?
- Pick two books: one, that you think you would excel in if you were in that world, situation or circumstance. And one that you would either struggle in or have no chance.
1. Ash – For The Love of Books
2. Brooke – A Bookish Weekend
3. Sophie – Sophie Reads YA
4. Kirsty – Kirsty Reads Blog
5. Anna – Reader and Proud
6. Cerys – Browsing For Books
7. Jenn – Jenniely
8. Lauren – Northern Plunder
9. Rebecca – Reviews Feed
10. Emily – The Little Book Affair